- Heat the Outset Stainless-steel Paella Pan to medium heat. Add the olive oil to the pan and sauté the onion, garlic, and bell pepper.
- When the onions become translucent, stir in 3 cups of the chicken broth and the white wine. Add the paella rice and saffron. Cover the pot and allow boiling for 5 minutes.
- Check on the rice and see if cooked thoroughly. If the rice appears dry at this time, continue to gradually add in ½ chicken stock to reach desired level of moisture.
- Stir in shrimp, peas, and tomatoes. Place mussels on top, cover, and allow cooking for an additional 5 minutes.
- At this point, the mussels should be opened and the rice a light, fluffy texture.
- Season the paella with thyme, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Serve with a lemon wedge for flavoring.